Shui Wah


Shui Wah... you really know what you're doing.  You make my tummy so happy! 

Shui Wah is my go-to for dim sum (Cantonese brunch).  I avoided Shui Wah at first because they don't have dim sum carts.  I've never, ever had dim sum without the carts.  How authentic and tasty can cart-less dim sum be? 

As it turns out, very authentic, and very tasty.

I've been here at least fives times now, and I leave every time stuffed, happy, and floating.  The wait may be long, but it's worth it.  Tide yourself over with some bubble tea while you wait! 

Upon being seated, you're given a check-off list menu and a small wooden pencil.  Once you hand the menu over, the food quickly comes steaming out of the kitchen.  The dumplings are firm and juicy, the meats are flavorful and tender, the vegetables are crisp and bright, foods that are supposed to be crunchy are crunchy, foods that are flaky are flaky, the tea is hot and bold....  Wow.  I'm salivating right now.  

The service is great - the waitstaff are busy and on top of their game.  Everything we asked for (extra napkins, cut the nuo mai gai in halves, more hot tea please!) was given to us promptly.  The selection of dim sum is great.  All my favorites and then some!  And to top it all off, the bill usually comes out to $8-$10 for each of us, including tip and tax.  Does it get any better??  I think not.  

My rating?  A+

No comments:

Post a Comment